Candidates must be proposed and seconded by existing members. Although the Club endeavours to ensure that only candidates who will respect the traditions and ethos of the Club should be elected to membership, it does not seek to place artificial barriers to membership. If you are interested in joining the Northern Counties Club and do not know someone who can propose or second you, do not be afraid to contact the General Manager and ask for his advice.
Benefits of Membership
- Located close to business, quayside, University, entertainment and shopping districts
- A comprehensive social calendar of events throughout the year
- Business and social networking opportunities
- A grand and unique venue for meetings, functions and special occasions
- Overnight city centre accommodation available seven days a week
- Peaceful, private and secure
- Exclusivity and prestige without ostentation
- Straightforward membership process
- Value for money prices for all products and services
- A place for members to enjoy the tradition of club life, updated for modern living
- Reciprocal arrangements with 60 clubs around the World, including 12 in London
- A great place to eat and drink, to socialise and entertain
- Traditional and personal service from a long serving team of professionals
- Business facilities available including complimentary wi-fi
12 Day (or country) membership allows 12 visits to the club per subscription year (excluding accommodation bookings).
* Family membership includes spouse, and children between the ages of 18-21 inclusive.
** Temporary service membership is available for regular and territorial officers of HM Royal Navy, Army or Air Force whilst on duty in one or more of the counties of Northumberland, Durham, Tyne & Wear, Yorkshire, Lancashire or Cumbria.
In addition to the subscription there is an entrance fee of £150.00 for all new members aged 30 and over. This fee will be waived for sons and daughters of existing members.